optional: pinch of freshly ground black pepper (for savory biscuits)
* If desired, swap in whole wheat pastry flour for half of the all-purpose
** I used sauvignon blanc but I really think any white wine will work
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk together
2. In separate bowl combine white wine, oil, and lemon zest.
3. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix gently with rubber spatula until combined, turn onto surface and knead 1-2 minutes.***
4. Cut into 1-2″ pieces, roll and make into circles (or whichever shape you like). Roll tops (sweet version only) in sugar, place on parchment paper.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes depending on size.
***Here is where I cut the recipe in half and mixed the second half with a pinch of fresh ground black pepper to do a more savory biscuit.